Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Monday with nothing much

Hi,

Well, I did manage to double book my lunch.  Oops.  Met Aidan and had a spontaneous shoe shopping expedition.  Well, spontaneous for me; I suspect she never told me about her intentions just in case I decided to avoid shoe shopping at all costs!  Hahahah.  Aidan is a mystery to me when she shops.  She goes into a shoe shop (okay, this is where it starts getting less likely that I can mimic the Aidan shoe shopping method as I am loathe to enter shoe shops to begin with), the staff somehow immediately see her (how does she do that??), she says something like "I want a shoe, size 38.5, in black, with a 1 inch heel and a strap across the top" and the staff scurry to show her anything remotely like it and she says "yes" or (more usually) "no" as soon as she sees the shoe.

My method usually involves a lot of psyching up to drum up the willpower to enter a shoe shop.  This could be two or three weeks in the making.  Then, once I enter, if staff even notice me and ask if I need anything my response is automatically "Just looking" even if I really, really want to say something like "I want a black shoe, size 38.5, with a 2 cm heel and no strap".  I wander around aimlessly wondering what on earth gene I am missing in my genetic makeup that says I hate shoe shopping.  I thought it came welded to the X chromosome somewhere.

Anyhow, I bought a pair of shoes.  Yes, it was unexpected.  Aidan also bought a pair of shoes.  They looked nothing like each other.  Aidan's shoes made her tower over me and I am sure I'd fall if I tried to wear them.  My shoes were perfect for summer.  Look!

New shoes on the deck after dinner

Aidan went back to work and I popped into the other lunch booking.  No, I didn't eat a second lunch.  But it was nice to see Matt before he leaves for his OE.  Lucky chap.  A whole bunch of us were there.  It was nice.

I rode home after work and collected Toby and started tea.  Vegetarian Monday.  I made spaghetti with tomato sauce.  It was yummy.

Relaxed in the evening and Mike got home and we went to bed.  Slept like a log.  Unlike Mike.  I gave him the new Jack Reacher book Aidan lent me and Mike read it until he finished at 3am!  Oh no!  Don't ask him anything tricky today.

This morning is glorious and a cruise ship is in town.  They will love this place.  Have a fantastic day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment