Monday, December 16, 2013

The weekend with loads on

Hi,

What a wonderful weekend.  Busy though.  Friday night was lovely - Toby, Mike and I had a BBQ at work before the weekend kicked off.  The weather was cooler than it had been, but still nice for being outside.  Home to watch a movie for Friday night family time.  I fell asleep!  The Mask, with Jim Carrey.  I think the boys loved it.

The next day we had the laziest day ever.  We knew we should be Christmas shopping.  We knew it!  But my book called to me.  And the entire Internet called to Mike.  And Toby only answered to computer games.  Eventually we did get enough energy to leave the house (well, I managed it twice).  I went grocery shopping in the morning and popped to the beach to eat some strawberries.  The day had something special about it.
Something is missing though
Then in the afternoon we sat on the deck and enjoyed the sunshine.  I read for ages and may have got a bit of sun before I piled on the sunscreen and grabbed a hat.  We tried to gather some energy and motivation and we did finally leave to find a BBQ.  But the BBQ shop was closed, out of business.  Mike popped into Queensgate to get some things for his costume then we went home to get ready and drop Toby off  at Yingting's house having run out of time for any shopping.  Hopeless!
Anyone spot my foot?
Mike and I attended a work BBQ and it was scrumptious.  Then off to Shed 6 for the Christmas party.  That was a lot of fun.  The theme was "What did you want to be when you grew up?".

Anyone say they needed a paleontologist?
How about a nerdy scientist?  Need one of them?

Home early enough and a good sleep.  Picked up Toby the next day and off to La Boca Loca for brunch.  Met Sally and Andrew there nice and early and had coffees.  Then the Tabors arrived just as we settled into the table.  Had a great meal with them, catching up with Jackie.  We had time to spare before The Hobbit at 1.30pm so we nipped into the Weta cave.  First time I have been there.


Emerson and Toby trying out for a scene with Gandalf

 I posed with a troll.



Pose!

Toby has a much better feel for the dramatic than I do!

Bite me!
The Hobbit movie was great fun!  I loved it.  I think everyone loved it although some complained about the cliffhanger ending.  It was marvellous!

The iced coffee at the Roxy was superb!

I give it a 9/10.


Mike and Andrew went tramping (don't think they were being virtuous - it was a craft brewery tramp around town) and I went home to do the ironing.  Done!  Ooosshh!

Time for the week to begin.

Have a lovely week - the week before Christmas!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment