Monday, December 9, 2013

The weekend that was great

Hi,


Our weekend started off with a bit of despair. We'd thought Toby was having a sleepover and packed accordingly. We were at the pub after work with some colleagues that were leaving when we both got texts from Yingting saying Toby was at her place.

So we quickly went home and collected Toby. Turns out he had sensibly gone there after being deposited at an empty house. And he was happy playing with the boys.

Back home and an early night. Next morning Mike was off to a river cruising course quite early. Toby and I went into town to start Christmas shopping. The first shop I went into had a broken computer and I couldn't buy the items. Aarrggghh. Fared better at the next place.

Met Aidan in town. She purchased my present from the shop with no computer as she walked past it. Still no computer but they had found a manual zip zap. We had brunch at Thunderbird cafe. Yum.
Dropped Aidan off at her new house and got a look around. They have a lovely new house. Great views. Very comfortable. It feels nice.

Toby and I left Aidan and went to find a tree.  Toby selected the tree in 10 seconds time.  The woman was astonished at our tree selecting speed.  Back home to decorate it.  As I sawed off the last ten centimetres, Toby said "That isn't something mothers do!".  This one does!

Decorating

Left to do some more messages. Then off into town to collect a wardrobe for Aidan and Josh. Right. Aidan said a flat packed wardrobe. I had visions of a nice package for the boot of the car. I found a massive wardrobe, completely the opposite of flat packed.

Mike reminded me we had an Allen key in the car when the existing owner couldn't find one. I got a nice cup of tea from her. Then we dismantled her wardrobe and I carted it to the car.

This was where 3d puzzles came in handy. The pieces were odd shapes and not much smaller than the inside of our car. I eventually figured out a configuration that let me drive with all the doors closed. I went to the train station to collect Mike.

Here we had to swap sides because the passenger seat was actually inside the wardrobe. No way could Mike fit in there. I had to contort myself to fit in under a piece of wardrobe and had my knees jammed into the glove box.
Mike took the wardrobe to the new house while I got to do tramping laundry. Oooo. I'm so lucky.

Making sushi

When Mike got back, the house was mostly tidy and we started dinner. Our first sushi. And it was yummy. Toby ate twelve pieces. It's now a firm favourite meal.
Sushi - homemade!


To bed and Mike and I watched a movie and slept like logs.

I got breakfast in bed. Thanks Mike.  And then headed off to do grocery shopping for family lunch. Mike outsourced the cake collection to Sally (thank you so much) giving us time to get everything ready. Mike made a bacon weave that everyone loved.
Minecraft cake

Cutting the cake

The cake was superb! My work colleague Jo can ice to perfection. Not at all like my gingerbread Santas.
An afternoon reading was lovely. 

Family party
Family party 
Eating

Time for the week to start soon. Today is a big day for Aidan. She defends her PhD thesis this afternoon. She'll romp in and be Doctor Aidan before we know it. 

Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Angela









No comments:

Post a Comment