Friday, December 6, 2013

The Thursday with nothing. Oh, wait. There was something...

Hi,

Such a sticky day in Wellington yesterday - I needed my desk fan on (I have one that runs off my computer USB port).  I heard that Tyler's birthday was very exciting, with a great evening at the Taylor Swift concert.  What a special tenth birthday.

Of course, I was oblivious to what Dec 5th meant in our household and when Karen texted (and emailed) me to remind me what day it was, I was convinced Mike had also forgotten our wedding anniversary.  Shucks.  He didn't, did he?  He had arranged Benjamin to come over to look after Toby and we went out to a fabulous meal at the Boulcott St Bistro.  I like that place.  My steak was perfection.

Cheese board was pretty good too!

Mike loves profiteroles.  Can you tell?


Such a lovely surprise.  It's 14 years!  Wow.  And 21 years we've been going out together.  It's now half Mike's life.  Yes, there are still a few more years before it is half my life.  Hahahah.

Back home and I dropped Benjamin off and caught up with Vivienne for the first time in a wee while.  Had a good chat, saw her Meetup Photography group photos, played with Ramble.  Loads of fun.

Toby's last day of school today.  I hope he has a great day.  He has a sleepover at Isaac's house.  So Mike and I have the evening to ourselves.  Nice.

Oh - and by popular demand, here is photographic proof of my gingerbread Santas.

Iced to perfection!

Pick yourself up off the floor, Karen!  Hahahah.  Yes, I see where one of them got a black armpit by mistake.  And yes, one Santa does have one blue eye and one green eye.  And Mike commented on a demented Santa with angry red eyes!  And their white beards have all gone pink and melted into their chests.  But I'm sure they taste okay.

Nope - Mike didn't marry a domestic goddess.  But I must be doing something right, eh?

Have a wonderful weekend.  We're having Toby's family party on Sunday at our place for lunch (I know this is going to be a surprise for some people when they read this, because we haven't actually told anyone yet).  But there will be an awesome cake.  Not iced by me!  And I need to do some birthday ad Christmas shopping.  Urgently!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment