Friday, December 20, 2013

The Thursday with dinner

Hi,

Another crazy day at work - we think Christmas panic brings them out of the woodwork.  Certainly makes the days go fast - the week on the other hand seems to have taken an age to get to Friday!  But, thank goodness.  Mike's last day at work for two weeks.  I have a list of tasks at home as long as my arm!  Poor chap!

Yesterday I had breakfast out (which was an odd thing.  The cafe's two chefs both called in sick and the manager donned the chef's outfit and tried her hand.  Fortunately, as she informed us that she was missing several ingredients, she used to be a chef.  The brekkie was good!) and then lunch out (phew - Nadine and Merran from my favourite client - I managed to fit some in).  Then I forgot I had said yes to a team BBQ in the afternoon.  And we had said yes to dinner with the Tabors.

This Christmas might kill me with food!

Toby spent the day with Duncan and Emerson (ta Jackie) and they invited him to stay another day.  They have a great park not far from their house, and kakas nest close by.  It really is a lovely place.  And dinner was fantastic.

I rode to the their new house last night after work and it took me 23 minutes.  I think if I rode that way often, it'd get much faster.  Glenmore is less steep than my usual route and you can get faster and faster.  I also found a shortcut from Glenmore up to Raroa.  Pretty pleased with myself for that!

I rode home as well - hooning along Mairangi.  That is such a lovely road to ride.  Once you get over the tipping point, you can sit on 45 km easy all the way home, around the sweeping bends.

This weekend is tidy the house weekend (and buy the presents I have not bought yet).  I need a lot of Round Up.

Have a lovely day!  I am working through the Christmas break, so you should see some blog entries.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment