Monday, March 31, 2014

The weekend with Mike away

Hi,

What a strange weekend.  Friday evening started oddly when I rode to the ferry terminal to collect the car from there.  Mike was tramping at the top of the South Island and had taken the club van.  So I grabbed the car and collected Aidan and Toby on the way home.  Toby and I dropped Aidan off at home just as her boys walked there.  Perfect timing.  And Toby and I went home via Burger Wisconsin to relax with a movie.

Saturday we were up and off to Toyworld in the morning to get a present for Dabao.  It was his birthday party on Sunday afternoon.  Toby went out in a t shirt and shorts and said he'd be fine when I asked about a jersey.  But as we walked around outside in town, he asked me for my jersey.  And I caved in and gave it to him.  I do have more insulation I suppose.

Got the present and grabbed some groceries and back home.  Aidan and Ed dropped the boys off for an afternoon of gaming while I made dinner.  Well, actually, I sat on the couch and read a lot.  The dinner was roast chicken so it wasn't exactly hands-on.

Aidan and Ed got back and we chatted away.  Close to tea time the boys all went to the park.  Toby went in his pyjama shorts.  Yes, really!  Dinner was eventually ready and we ate.  It was good, but the dessert was a huge hit.  Eton mess.  Yep.  Set to become a Tabor favourite I think.

Once it was just the two of us again, Toby and I relaxed on the couches reading for a bit and then went to bed for more of the same.

Sunday we were up and I went to the market with Vivienne and Ramble.  Got a few things.  Enjoyed the fish buying process.  Wandered around a bit.  Back home and Sally and Andrew called.  They popped in for lunch.  Which was good because I was half intending to go to their house to collect the bouncy castle.  But 1) they weren't there (they had been in Nelson) and 2) the bouncy castle wasn't there.  And we ate leftovers from the night before.  The fridge is looking much better now.

Dropped Toby off at the party.  Dabao was turning 5 years old.  So Toby was by far the oldest kid there.  It was a lovely party but I escaped and went home to iron.  Did a bit of housework as well.

Toby got home and we had tea and finished watching the Friday night movie.  Off to bed and Mike got home but I was comatose.  I feel like I haven't seen him.  But we'll catch up tonight.

Have a wonderful week.  Last day of March today.  Crazy.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment