Friday, July 25, 2014

The Thursday where karma bit me

Hi,

For the first time this week, I left work on time!  Yay!  Off to meet Sally and Andrew and see "What we do in the shadows" again.  Sally and I went to Dragonfly and ordered dinner and Andrew arrived just as Sally and I were contemplating finishing the starters and pretending we never ordered any.  We flew through our mains and rushed down to the Embassy.  Sally got the tickets and in we went.

I had another good laugh - although perhaps not quite as much as my first viewing.  However, I noticed I laughed in different places - so it was good fun.

We took the bus back to the other side of town and I jumped off to head to work and grab my bike and ride home.  But weirdly, both doors were locked and my access card wouldn't open them.  Fortunately, I was Terrace side and a bus was coming in 2 minutes to take me home.  Also, fortunately, I had house keys on me.

As a sign of how old I am looking now, I have to say a very nice young man offered me his seat on the bus.  Well, perhaps he is just so polite he'd offer his seat to any woman and not just some lady his mother's age.  I politely declined, but I secretly was pleased that someone had raised a man with such nice manners.

Got home and popped in to get car keys.  I wanted to get my weekend groceries so all I need to do on Friday after work is head up north for my ski weekend.  Jumped in the Corolla.  Wouldn't start.  Oh no!  Could I drive the wee green car up to the mountain, with my gear?  Spoke to Mike.  He suggested I could, but said I should use the green car now to go shopping, then call the AA to get the Corolla fixed.  Plan!

Went back inside the house, grabbed the MX-5 keys and back to the garage.  Oh no!  This car also wouldn't start.  Yep.  I must have really make some godlet grumpy today!  Spoke to Mike again.  Rang the AA.

Sat in the Corolla and waited for the AA.  AA man arrives.  He starts the Corolla after holding the ignition down for a while.  Turns out it was flooded from me driving it out the night before to get ski gear in and then driving it back in - all while it was cold.  What?  Never heard of that.  But the MX-5 really was toast.  Flat battery.  But - back to plan A.  Choice.

Except - I have to buy groceries on the way up tonight now.  Never mind.  At least the car works.

Upon reflection, I think it went rather better than it might have.  The bus came in 1 minute when I was locked out of work.  At that time of night it might easily have been a 60 minute wait.  And if I'd been lazy, and not wanted to go grocery shopping at 9pm, I would have been trying to start the car just before coming into work on Friday morning.  AA would have been flat out.  I would have seen my ski weekend flash before my eyes.

Maybe the godlet took pity on me?

Mike and Toby are back tomorrow night (Saturday) and I am back Sunday night.  Back to school on Monday for Toby.  That'll be tough.

Have a fantastic weekend.  I am hoping for sunny days and fluffy snow.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment