Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Wednesday with nothing

Hi,

Wow - what a weird day.  Work was hectic, culminating in a rush out to have a coffee with a client at 3.30.  The cafe they selected had a limited tea and coffee menu and I was stuck for what to choose.  The client knows me well and asked the staff if they make an iced coffee.  They said they would do one.  Choice!  I got one served up and it was pretty good.

Iced coffee at Cafe 1815

But the caffeine kicked in (I never drink coffee, I live on decaffeinated tea at work) and I started bouncing off the walls, talking a mile a minute and one of the people said "Angela, you don't drink coffee much, do you?".

Rode home like I was possessed!  So, that's a benefit, I guess.  It was yucky weather.  Windy and raining.  I rode past the library and collected the car and went back for Toby.  No sense us both being drowned.

I cooked dinner for Toby and some for Mike as he was due to ride home.  But after serving Toby his, I waited, and waited.  Eventually Mike rang and he was past due home and still at work.  Toby had just called out for seconds so Mike lost his meal.

I went back into town and collected Mike and picked up a few groceries.  I packed my stuff for the weekend and Mike worked at home.  It was a relaxing evening.  But I couldn't fall asleep like I usually do.  Midnight before I fell asleep.  Iced coffees?  Bad news at 4pm!

The weather is rather pants and the forecast for our ski weekend is similarly pants.  Galeforce winds.  Nice.  But, if anything opens, I'll be there!

Grandy bought new sneakers for Toby while he was away.  They are size 8 UK.  Two sizes bigger than me!  There is no way I can jam his feet into my old ski boots now.  He's lose more than toenails.  He'd lose toes!

Have a fantastic day!
Love,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. And this is where the iced coffee addiction started.

    Not even once, kids.

    ReplyDelete