Friday, July 11, 2014

The Thursday with dinner with Christine

Hi,

Mike and I had dinner out with Christine last night.  Her new man also came along (we met him at a board game night at Christine's house a few months back).  We went to Sweet Mother's Kitchen because Christine sold me on their key lime pie.  The waitress was really good.  I had the seafood chowder and it was pretty good.  I think the Green Man pub's version may have been better though.  However, the key lime pie was really good.  The waitress took my order when I was first there for a hot chocolate and asked me if I wanted a chilli hot chocolate.  I said yes and it was really good.  It had chilli flakes sprinkled on top.  If you go there, try that too!

Sealoctopus

The bill came to our table with a sealoctopus.  An unholy alliance of a seal and an octopus.  And the seal had a really dazed look on its face too.

Mike and I caught the bus home - Mike was fading fast from his migraine the day before.  We got home and he had a bit of homework to do.  But it turns out I was the one to fall asleep super fast.  Oops.  Hahahah.

Slept well and had a great ride in this morning.  Dry roads.  I like that in winter.

Our weekend is so exciting.  We're off to Wharekauhau with Sally, Andrew, Aidan and Janne.  I have a cycle ride in the northern Wairarapa in the morning/afternoon.  Mike will drive over and collect me from Masterton before a lovely evening at Wharekauhau.  This is to celebrate Andrew's birthday at the start of July.  Well, I think it's just an excuse.  But, a good excuse!  I can't wait.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment