Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Wednesday with tramping club for Mike

Hi,

Yesterday was so cold - I rode home and got briefly warm during my exertions.  But then I started cooking and I realised the heat pump wasn't keeping the lounge at the 31C Toby had set it to, so I had to go and get changed.  I never get changed out of my bike gear unless I need to go outside and mix with company.  But the cold forced me into layers!

And then it got even colder.  I finally dug around in Toby's wardrobe and found my slippers (he has grown out of them and I never wear them) and put them on.  Mmmmm, toasty warm.

Slippers!  On my feet!
Karen gave them to me for Christmas 18 months ago.  This is the first time I have worn them in anger.  It was actually really rather pleasant.

I cooked tea (spaghetti and meatballs) and as I dished up Toby's plate, Mike rang.  I started chatting to him, asking him if he knew how cold it was.  Telling him about the layers I had on.  About to launch into a detailed description of me finding slippers when he said that he did indeed know how cold it is because he was knocking at our front door pitifully waiting for someone to let him in!  Hahahahah!  He's funny!  I ran to the door and let him in.  He got a huge bowl of piping hot spaghetti and meatballs to tuck into and forgot about my protracted conversation that kept him frozen on the doorstep.

Mike went off to tramping club and Toby and I went to bed to keep warm.  Worked a treat.  I read my book and Toby played a game online with his mates, chatting away to them.

This morning's ride in was fantastic.  There is no wind and blue skies.  The roads were completely dry.  I had a great time coming down the hill.  My hands only numbed at the tips, so it isn't really that cold yet!

Wellington this morning!  As proof.


Have a dynamic day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment