Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The weekend that was long, and without Toby still

Hi,

What a lovely long weekend.  Mike and I took off Monday together and made it a long weekend for us.  He has the rest of the week off in Dunedin with Toby and his parents.

Friday was a treat in that Brent organised a hangi lunch for us at work.  It was a little later arriving than anticipated, but it was sooooo good when it came.  It was Luke's first taste of hangi - and not a bad effort if you ask me.  Some school in Newlands doing some fundraising, or something.  Anyhow, it was good.
Luke enjoying the hangi lunch

A close up of my lunch.  Kumara, pork, chicken, potato, pumpkin, stuffing.  Mmmmmm.

Friday night I went out to Ange's house and caught up with some women from work.  I nipped out to get Indian takeaways and we watched Pitch Perfect.  I was so in the mood for that movie, I was laughing my head off.  But Roanne was falling asleep on Ange's new couch, so I had to take her home.  I think I need to see it again soon - or at least finish it.

Mike was out on the town - checking out the Youth Orchestra. How cultural of him.  I called him as I dropped off Roanne and he wanted a lift from town.  Perfect timing.  We got home and collapsed into bed.

A lazy start to Saturday.  Mike had an interview of a life member to do for the tramping club.  I had some housework to get through.  The day disappeared soon enough.

Sunday was another lazy start to the day.  Quite like lying in bed, reading!  Hahah.  We left the house eventually, to do some messages before the family dinner at Sally and Andrew's house.  But, after doing a few messages (Briscoes, Mitre10 and New World), we couldn't face going back home to a cold house.  So we went early to Sally and Andrew's place.  They were having almost 30 people there.  A massive Bichan gathering.  I finally got to meet cousins I have only heard about (Janet and Allison from the Netherlands).




Mike enjoying pre dinner snacks before everyone arrived

We stayed for a while, chatting away before heading home to bed.

Monday was our couple day together.  It was certainly nice lying in bed on a school day!  Hahah.  We eventually left the house after Mike packed and headed to Joe's Garage for brunch.

Mike at Joe's Garage
 We had a nice meal courtesy of the free vouchers from last time.  Then I went shopping for a dress (shock!) and then we wandered through Te Papa for a while before heading home to relax (ironing too).

We had a lovely day together.

This morning we were up super early and Toby chatted to us on Skype while we got ready.  I drove Mike to the airport and got back to work by 8am.  There is snow forecast here and in Dunedin to the hills.  It is pretty cold here.  Toby will be in for a fright, flying in from Brisbane.  I think he really enjoyed his time there.

Have a lovely week.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment