Friday, November 6, 2015

The Thursday with a bit of a flood

Hi,

You know something?  When Wellington turns on a good day, it really is a wonderful place to be.  And although it might have taken me almost ten years to admit, I think the scant number of good days really do make up for the numerous bad days.

Yesterday started out in rain and freezing cold.  And ended in a glorious night for Guy Fawkes.

Mike had a social function after work, so at 8.45pm I texted him to see if he really did want a lift home because I was almost asleep.  He said yes, so I shouted out to Toby that I was off and would be back within 30 minutes and it was time for his going to be routine.  Including a bath.

Off I went.  Collected Mike.  Fortunately had to drop a colleague off at his place, which meant we didn't go to collect my bike from town and spend a wee while there.

Because, when I got back, Toby was on the couch upstairs still fully clothed, enjoying the fireworks around the place.  I casually mentioned why he didn't have a bath.  Well, he looked at me with fear in his eyes and ran down the stairs so fast!  Mike followed right on his heels.

Yes.  We spent a lot of time getting all our towels and clearing out the spare room of furniture.  The dehumidifier is on.  We'll see how it looks tonight.

Wellington on Thursday morning

Replacement Serge


Right.  Time to get started.  Weekend looks good.  Bit busy.\

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment