Monday, November 2, 2015

The weekend with Halloween and Gora rugby world cup win

Hi,

Well, it was a fabulous weekend really.  Even if I feel like it was very short.  Friday night was busy for some reason.  Oh, I remember.  I collected burgers and took them around to Aidan's house.  Sarah was there and they chatted away for a few hours before we left.  Toby enjoyed catching up with the boys.  But Emerson was really coming down with something.  Very blocked up.

But Saturday we got up and prepped for Halloween.  Toby's favourite day of the year.  Well, possibly Christmas might just sneak in front.


Duncan horsing around

I got some groceries in and I collected Duncan from his mother's house and we got ready for the evening fun.  Emerson was too sick to make it.  We had a few visitors for lollies.

Second pumpkin carving


Prepared to greet the trick or treaters

Some cute visitors

Lollies from a horse


The boys set off to explore the options in the neighbourhood for treats and ended up walking quite a few kilometres.  But they got lots of loot, so they were happy.

Back home and they got into our bed to watch a movie on television before Duncan went to sleep and Mike and Toby watched a scarier movie.

We got up early to watch the rugby.  Andrew arrived at about 5.20am and sat on our bed with us.  I woke Duncan in the dying seconds with my screams of delight when a try was scored that put the match beyond losing.  But that was the 79th minute.  Those Australians can get out of jail.

I dropped Duncan home and got a first breakfast from Aidan.  And fresh muffins.  Back home via the supermarket and another breakfast.  Andrew headed home.  We were all pretty stoked with the result.

In the afternoon, Mike sorted out the lawn and then we went for a lovely walk up Te Ahimairangi hill.  Wonderful views.


Walking shadow

Mike working

Gorgeous day over Wellington harbour

Looking south

I had to stay up late for work.  So this morning I am a little less than at my peak.  More like some saddle halfway up the hill.

Right.  Time to get stuck in.

Have a great day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment