Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Wednesday with a movie night

Hi,

Well, the day passed with the pace of a snail.  A snail that was very sleepy.  A sleepy snail pace!  Work was diabolical.  Although I am beginning to think work was pretty normal and it is just my tolerance is at an all time low and so I find all the normal niggly things really frustrating.  So, today I will reset my expectations and approach it all as the new normal.  And just put plans in place to try and yank the niggles back in line with where they should be.

But, work wasn't the highlight of yesterday.  Not even close!  I went out for dinner and a movie with Aidan.  Woot!  She had some social club work function fund raising night where we all got jaffas and went to see the new James Bond movie - Spectre.  Aidan collected me from work, after I had told her my day was a bit pants and I was leaving as soon as my 8 hours was up - but I got absorbed in work and only noticed the time when she texted to say she was leaving her work.  Yikes!  I jumped out of my seat and ran outside and crossed the road and wondered if I would recognise Aidan's new car at a distance and if she would see me and hadn't I made a huge mistake by working later than I thought and ...  Well, my huge list of potential disasters was averted when I recognised Aidan's car in the distance and she saw me and I jumped in.  So, that was easy.

We went to Ombra on Cuba St and had tapas.  Eggplant, lamb and beef meatballs and risotto.  And Aidan had some drink I still have no idea about.  She called it a negrini (I think).

That drink looks a little toxic to me - but Aidan liked it

We wandered around to the movie and waited in the lobby for a bit.  Aidan chatted away to work colleagues and then we went to see the movie.  It must have been quite long because I didn't get home until 9.30pm!  I thought the movie was good - James Bond stuff.  Lovely scenery in awesome cities and rural locations.  Car chases.  Great fun.  Aidan and I did comment on the cheesy opening sequence with naked women and octopus tentacles writhing about in a suggestive manner.  I think that cheese was their intention.

Aidan dropped me home and I fell into bed pretty quick.  Got up for my run this morning and rode in.  We finally have a gorgeous day out there.  Yay!

Have a wonderful day!

Love,
Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment