Monday, November 16, 2015

The weekend in Wellington with a Nepal reunion

Hi,

What a great weekend!  It had a bit of everything, really.  Friday after work I caught up with a bunch of workmates at the pub next door and Janet from our Sydney office (not anymore, but that is a long story) came to visit.  She was down for Toast Martinborough.  Everyone else was off to see the Phoenix play, so at about 7pm it was just me and Janet.

We caught up on each other's news.  She has had a huge amount of change in the last year, besides leaving work.  She's moved to Auckland!  Yay!  New Zealand's gain!


Mike popped in to collect me and chatted to Janet briefly before we headed home.


Iced coffee goodness at Mixed Business

 I was up early with the boys to meet Aidan and her boys at Five Boroughs near the Embassy cinema.  We had breakfast there and I really liked Mike's pancakes.  I'd go back just to try them again.  Aidan didn't have much fun with the menu.  Her first choice (oatmeal) was not available.  Then her second choice (spinach) was not available.  But in the end her scrambled eggs with mushrooms looked amazing.

From there I collected Ange and we both went to the archery range and shot for a few hours.  I do love this!


Saturday morning archery


My archery form

Dropped Ange off and saw Mike's new bike in the garage.  Ooooo.  It is very flash.  Should be good for his Queen Charlotte ride with Andrew on Waitangi weekend.

Mike bought a new MTB.  Oooohhh - I have MTB envy.  We now have 7 bikes in the garage.


I went grocery shopping quickly and then made salad for dinner.  We had our Nepal reunion dinner and had a lot of fun catching up with everyone.  They are like old friends that you feel comfortable with.  Toby loved Simon and Becky's dog, Mossy.  We had awesome food and then watched slides from the trip.

Toby loved Mossy

Mossy is a cavoodle
Sunday we were up early to take Mike to the train station for his day walk.   Isaac came around for the day and he played with Toby.  I tidied and did a mountain of laundry and ironing.  Yuck.  I hate ironing.

Then we had dinner and went to bed.

The week ahead is busy.  Mike and I have nights out after work.  And then on Friday I am off to Auckland for the Florence and the Machine concert.  Woot!

Right.  Time for tea.  Have a fantastic day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment