Monday, November 9, 2015

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

Happy birthday to Vivienne!

Ok - I still can't believe I saw a hot air balloon over the valley from our house.  Someone mentioned a school fair was on at the weekend, so maybe they had "rides" up in the tethered balloon.  No idea.  But what a treat to see one there!

Hot air balloon weather

On Friday the Rugby World Cup parade went through Lambton Quay.  Maryanne got us seats in the cafe at Whitcoulls and I had an iced coffee and watched the All Blacks and staff drive down with the cup.

RWC parade

Iced coffee while waiting for the parade

Back home and we all crashed into bed.  Mike and Toby were up early for their haircut.  I pottered around tidying.

Around 2pm we stopped off at Will's house to drop off Toby for a sleepover, but no one was home.  So we collected Josh and dropped Mike and him off at the brew session.  I then dropped Toby off at Will's and then lay on the couch at Josh's house reading.  The purpose was to look after the boys, but actually, I hardly saw them.  I played with Lulu a bit though.

Went down to collect Josh and dropped him home and then we all parked near the KFC and walked to Christine's house via New World for some much needed cheese.  It was the fireworks in town and Christine has a good view.  There were road closures so we had to park ages away.

View from Christine's place

Guy Fawkes celebrations at Christine's house

Andrew playing
 We ate our way through cheese and butter chicken and watched the fireworks.  Pam (Tom's grandmother) dropped us off at our car on the way home and we crawled through traffic until we hit the motorway.  Dropped Andrew home and then crashed into bed.

Sunday morning I was up fairly early and got a text from Aidan saying she was making me breakfast and I only had a few minutes to get there.  She insisted I could jump in the car in my pyjamas, but I refused.  Going without a shower was bad enough.  I threw on some clothes and turned up.  She has been sick (again) recently, so it was up to me the handle the food.  Bagels and smoked salmon.  Yum!  We chatted away for a bit before her need for a nap overpowered her vocalisation centre.

I went back home and Mike took off for his tramping work.  I tidied up downstairs.  I still have a bit of work to do in Toby's room, but it is much better now.

We cleared out loads of rubbish from years of build up.  At least 6 rubbish bags.  Quite good.  Mike is pleased.  We still have a bit of work to do.  Anyone want a piano?  That would make our room a little bit easier to maneuver around in.  Want me to bring one up, Roz, in a few weekends time?  I could hitch it to the back.  :-)

Have a great week ahead.  Enjoy it.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment