Tuesday, December 15, 2015

The Monday with packing for Toby

Hi,

Monday was a lovely day - the weather was perfect (if a little cool still).  I also got a lunch with Aidan - I ate my yummy bread roll in the garden behind parliament and Aidan ate dumplings and we finished off with raspberries.  I do like summer fruit season.

It was so nice I stretched out on the grass to enjoy some sunshine.  And I learned that those biting flies in Australia called March flies are called Horse flies in the US.  For some reason, when I imagine a horse fly, it looked like a miniature pony - with wings!  Like a tiny Pegasus.  Now I know they are boring, bitey, March flies, it is a little less fun in my imagination.

I went to collect Toby's iPad after work and then collected Mike on the way home.  We packed for Toby and Mike and Toby went for a walk.

I think Toby was awfully excited about going to Dunedin today.  He was up at 5.30am when I went to wake him up.  We have dropped him at the airport and he is halfway to Dunedin now.

Toby checks into his flight

Time for a cup of tea.  Mike and I had breakfast at Bethel Woods on the way back to work.  And we saw three other Intergen people at the airport.  Peak flight time, obviously.

Have a marvellous day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment