Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Tuesday with eating to excess

Hi,

Ok.  So, the day started with breakfast with Mike.  Which is always more substantial than my two Weetbix each morning with some yoghurt.  But what happened after work took things to a new level.

Toby made it to Dunedin just fine and apparently slept well when he got there.  Given it was 9am, it does seem a little odd.  Can you get jet lag from Wellington to Dunedin?

I saw Ilske for the last time before Christmas.  Had an iced coffee at Mixed Business.  She is off on Sunday to Buenos Aires.  Wow!  Hope she has fun.

After work I caught up with Josh for a quick drink at the Royal.  Mike was lured in with me - I think it was the beer.  Not me doing the luring.

Josh had to head off for his next social engagement (it is the season for social madness) so Mike and I went to Munchen - a new German restaurant.  I ordered the Schweinshaxe from the menu and the Californian waitress had no idea what that was.  "Oh, the pork knuckle", she said.  When I pointed.  Mike ordered the crumbed chicken breast, making no attempt to speak any German.

We ate a bread brezel thing before our main.  Which took ages to come.  They actually gave Mike his beer on the house.  But we waited patiently watching others around us get their food.

As we waited, we chatted away.  At one stage I asked Mike what it is about me that he loves the most.  Do you know what he replied?  Awww, shucks.  He said:  "Your attitude.  You are always happy, always have a smile.  And your analytical ability".  He made my day with that comment.  How cool to know that someone loves something that is deep within you.  Something that isn't likely to change because it is so intrinsic.  I was chuffed.  And given Mike knows me the best of anyone on the planet, it was even sweeter to hear it was something that is a part of my personality.  How he managed to get past my feet, I'll never know.  He has iron willpower.

When it came the food was magnificent.  My pork was exceptional.  I ate the whole thing, despite the waitress believing I was going to share.  But this is there the eating to excess comes in.  When I left the restaurant I wasn't uncomfortable with what I had eaten.  What I want to know is:  how come I still feel full??!!  Hahahah.

Wandered home and slept the sleep of the dead.  Got up and walked into work with Mike.  It's a bit rainy today.

But the big new today is:  It is Star Wars day!  I go to the midnight showing of Star Wars tonight.  Woot!  I can't wait.  I am counting down the hours now.  Less than 16 to go now.

Iced coffee


Old versus new

What to choose?


Time to kick start the day with a great cup of tea.  So excited!

Have a brilliant day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment