Monday, December 7, 2015

The weekend with a bit of lots of things

Hi,

For a weekend with not much on, I feel a little like I need a holiday this morning.  Hahah.

Friday night Andrew came home with Mike after a few drinks and they both tucked into Burger Wisconsin while we watched a Friday night movie together.  Blade Runner.  It was good!

Next morning we were up to grab some second hand clothes for the work Christmas party.  Fortunately Aidan has trained me in finding the second hand stores and we found almost everything in the first one we visited.  From there, Mike had a quick look in two others before we went to McDonalds for lunch.


Maccas for an iced coffee

Posing nicely for the camera

Toby encroaching on my photo

Ok - Toby photobombing my photo!

Toby loves his Create Your Own burger at Maccas

As does Mike!

Mike and Toby discovered the Petone store did the Create Your Own burgers now, so they got stuck into one of those.  I had a bite, and it was actually not too bad.  My iced coffee was far too sweet.  Less sugar and it would have been quite good.

Back home and sorted before dropping Toby off at Isaac's house for a sleepover and then us to Serge's house for pre party drinks.  Serge took a few photos of me.  To capture the idiocy!  The theme was Back to School.


School girl.  Snort!  Not really.

Pigtails!

The venue was upstairs at Macs Brewery and it was very good.  Nice canapes and then a huge plate of calamari turned up on our table so I helped demolish that.  Not much room left for mains after that.

Naughty school kids

Playground skipping!

One of the naughty kids!  Hahaha!
Dance moves!

At midnight we left the party and went to karaoke!  Woot!  A whole bunch of us.  And even Carl and Hazel turned up after Daniel's wedding.  Awesome!  It made for a late night home.  2am!  Oooooo.

Karaoke selfie!


Up early the next morning after 5 hours sleep.  I drove out to Sophie's house and caught up with Andrew and Pax before whisking Sophie off for brekkie at her local cafe.  Quite good eggs benny.  And I have had the iced coffee there before and it is quite good.

Another iced coffee - this time at the cafe near Sophie's house

Dropped Sophie back home with a plan for a date in early January after they get back from Brisbane.  Back home and then we went Christmas tree shopping.

We've found our tree!

Toby hangs around in the loft, grabbing down Christmas decorations and putting up ski gear

We popped around to Fiona and Brendon's place for afternoon tea and I scoffed lots of meat.  Mmmm.  Toby and I read two "That's not my..." books and relived his childhood.  Hahahah!

Where's the mouse, Toby?

The big difference is, he spoke more this time.  He used to just point to the mouse.  He's so grown up now!  :-p

Nostalgia!


Back home and Toby decorated the tree.  He's so much taller than me, he can do it easily.  We strung the lights up too!

The finishing touches on the tree

The tree in all its glory.  The house smells great!

Toby has decided our tree looks like a woman.  It has a narrow waist!  Hahah!  From the angle above, I think I agree with him.

Right.  Time for the week ahead.  Toby finishes school tomorrow.  I have a half day to collect him, clear out his locker and take him to a cafe and then Christmas shopping.  Bring it on!

Have a great week yourselves!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment