Monday, December 21, 2015

The weekend with awesome stuff

Hi,

Mike surprised me by taking me out for dinner on Friday night to Siem Reap.  Yum!  What a way to start the weekend.

I also moved the piano into the lounge so our room now has a bit more space in it.

Up early to take Mike to the airport (and collected Josh on the way) and then the weekend was mine.  I headed home and tidied up a bit before heading out for Christmas shopping in Lower Hutt.  Back home and I couldn't face going into town with the car, so I jumped on the bus.  Did some more shopping and then as I came out of the shop, my bus was right there!  Boom!  Back home.

From there I went out to see Expansion at the Office pub in Newtown.  As I pulled up, Philippa got out of her car.  I offered to drive her home so she had a few drinks.  I caught up with a few of the punters from Mike's trip too.  They all asked after him and Toby.

Home late Saturday and I read for a bit.  Up early for a run and then scooted into work to get something done for Aidan's Christmas present.

I headed to her house for a bagel breakfast and we swapped Christmas presents.  She is off to somewhere to house sit for the Christmas/New Years so I won't see her for another year!  Hahahah.  I had a yummy smoked salmon bagel with capers.  Mmmmm.

I watched Aidan play a violin for a bit.  Lots of fun.  But she does have a long way to go.  If I get a solo performance every month or so, I am guessing I should see progress.

Then we were collected by Ange and went shooting.  Awesome fun!  First time I have shot with Aidan, so that was fun too.  It's usually me watching her.  Which is good too - as I learn by seeing.  But I like doing!


Taking aim!

Ange and I getting ready

Fire at will!

We left after about 1.5 hours of shooting.  I tried Aidan's bow and she doesn't have any sights on hers so my two arrows shot clear over the target and one buried itself in the bank just below the train line!  Yikes.  Apparently I need a different anchor point for bare bow shooting.

From there we stopped off at Caffeind and had lunch.  And Ange and I had iced drinks (chocolate for Ange and coffee for me) and I watched in amazement as Aidan drank a whole latte.  I have never seen her drink coffee before.

Latte

I drove Aidan briefly into town to a music shop and enjoyed the steel string guitars on display.  Oh - I think I'd love one.  She got what she wanted and then I was off home.

Back to the airport to collect Mike, Toby and Mike's mother from the airport and then we were all home in time for dinner.

This morning Mike and I walked into work and we'll walk home later today.  I need to go grocery shopping for Christmas lunch this evening.

Have a wonderful week.  Christmas is coming!

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment