Monday, December 14, 2015

The weekend with Toby's birthday

Hi,

What a lovely weekend!  I went home on Friday and we chilled out for a bit before sleeping well.  Toby did wake up and midnight and come bounding up the stairs, excited that it was his birthday!  Hahah.  Wonder where he gets that from?!

Next morning was Toby's birthday, and we were up early to give him presents.  After that, we had breakfast and it was a lazy morning.  Mike sat around in his underwear reading the internet while I was chatting to my mother for almost an hour in my pyjamas.  Then there was a knock on the door and Mike fled in panic, pleading with me to open the front door.

So, thinking it was his friend, Sarah - only - I opened the door.  Yep -there was Sarah.  And some strange man I'd never met who looked decidedly awkward at having me open the door with my pyjamas on.

Big day - in Toby's life and Ingress.  


Oh well.  Hahah!  Talking to Mum was great fun and worth still being in my pyjamas for some random stranger.

After midday, Mike and I went for a long walk to the French bakery and wandered back with yummy things for lunch.

Then I went grocery shopping for party food and Vivienne and John came over to help us eat everything.  They are so obliging!

We're having Toby's birthday party for his friends in late January!

Stealing yummy cake bits
Cake cutting
Further away cake cutting

After I dropped Vivienne and John home we went to see Spectre - and the highlight for me was seeing the new Star Wars trailer.  I have the tickets in my hot little hand for Wednesday night!


It's this week!

Funny!

Toby laughed like mad at some photo Mike took of the two of us -tears were coming out of his eyes.  He was so funny.

Next morning I was up early for a run down to Aidan's house.  25 mins I think it took me.  And the fastest interval I have heard my phone announce = 5 mins 31.  But that was because it was all downhill in that section!  Hahah!  Aidan made the best scrambled eggs.  As I started to make the toast I realised her bread was moldy.  Oh.  But we found bread rolls in her freezer so I toasted them in a pan.  To keep the eggs warm while I did that, Aidan put them in the oven on a low heat.

When the bread was toasty, she reached in to take out the pan of eggs and got a bit of a burn.  So she ate her yummy breakfast with one hand in cold water.  I hope it's ok.

She dropped me home (to save me running back up the hill with a tummy full of eggs) and I got a pastry for Mike from the French bakery and then we had some cake at home before she went off grocery shopping.

Then Mike and I took Toby shopping to Queensgate.  Mike was well over the experience although I thought it was quite good for being so close to Christmas.

We called in to see Sally and I  have now seen her gallstone for myself.  Wow!  We went home and I ploughed through my pile of ironing.

The week ahead is so exciting.  Toby heads to Dunedin tomorrow to see his Nana.  I see Star Wars at midnight on Wednesday night (technically super early Thursday morning!).  Loads of shopping still to do.  Yep - bigger than Ben Hur!

Have an awesome week.  And today is Dec 14th and a wonderful, sunny day!  Happy.

Our day here is finally a stunning summer day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment