Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The long weekend in Queensland

Hi,

What a lovely weekend.  I stupidly went to sleep at 1am on Friday night (ok - technically that is Saturday morning) and was actually awake for the decent earthquake at 12.40am.  It also meant that when my alarm went off at 3am, it was a very groggy person that stumbled out of bed.

I drove to the airport and took a photo of where I left the car.  Mike had car keys and would drive it home on Sunday evening when he returned with Toby.


Location photo of the car - outside Jetstar 

My flight to Brisbane went fast - mainly because I could barely keep my eyes open.  Hahah.  I had a row to myself so I could squirm around to get comfortable.  I picked up the car at the airport and headed off.

I got lost again.  I was so worried I'd stay on the M1 and miss my exit for the Sunshine Coast that I got off too early and ended up driving around Caloudra (or something like that).  Fortunately I recognised some names of places and eventually ended back on the road I needed.  It was just a 30 min diversion.

Soon I was knocking on the door of my parents' house and surprising Mum with the "special delivery" she was waiting for.  Me!

I was a bit shattered so we didn't do very much really.  Checked out the local supermarket and the sushi shop.

I was stunned to see local roadworks signs saying that work would commence when the weather improved.  Obviously to me, it was hard to fathom improving on this weather.  When I saw "Work will commence" I thought it would go on to say "July 1st" or "mid July" or something.  Not "when the weather improves".  Made me laugh.


Work will commence
When the weather improves

Monday Mum and I decided to explore north and we drove to Bundaberg for fun.  It was a 7 hour drive there and back.  We toured the distillery and I now know more about rum than I did before.

Bundaberg

Bottlebrush

I reckon this looks like an animal

For Mum's birthday we went out to Hastings St in Noosa and enjoyed a brunch there.  A birthday box arrived with balloons and stuff.  And at one stage the waiter picked it up and walked towards Mum.  Given it was her birthday, it was a huge surprise to the waiter to see her face light up so he leapt away with the birthday box.  And was very surprised to hear it was Mum's birthday as well as some mystery patron we never met.

Back home and chilled out before driving back to the airport for my flight home.  I hope no one asks me anything complicated today.  Not much sleep.  Mike collected me from my flight which was a good 30 mins early.  When I texted Mike I had landed he was still in bed.

I was outside by 12.05am.  And waited only 10 mins for Mike.  Yay.

Took the bus in with the boys this morning.  We saw the King of Navarre.  She exists.  And she said something to Mike too.

Have a lovely week.  The boys enjoyed their Dunedin weekend jaunt too.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment