Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Wednesday that felt like it took 2 weeks to get here since Monday

Hi,

I have never been so confused about what week it is, let alone the day of the actual week itself.  Mike says he's concerned he can't remember things as well as he used to.  He's got nothing on me if I can't remember what week I am in.  Hahahah!

I engineered one of my regular staff meetings at the local coffee shop so I could indulge in an iced coffee.  As I was doing so, I realised iced coffees are at odds with the gym sessions I am about to commit to.  So, I think I will enlist my blog's help and say you should not expect to see as many iced coffees in the next 6 months as you have seen recently.  And by "recently" I mean in the last 5 years.  Hahahah.

OMG.  Is this the last iced coffee I have had for a while?  Oh.  I might be starting a cycle of grief and denial and whatever else comes with a sudden realisation of loss.

Mixed Business iced coffee goodness with Saman


Anyway, I left work on time yesterday because I had a plan.  I checked the bus timetable and zeroed in on the bus I thought Toby would be on to get home from school.  And as it came onto The Terrace I jumped on.  But I froze when I saw so many faces looking at me that I just aimed for a free seat with my tunnel vision and didn't look for Toby anymore.  But as I went down the centre aisle a hand snaked out from a window seat past another passenger and grabbed me gently.  I found Toby and he was chuffed.

We kept an eye on each other and jumped into a spare seat together at the first opportunity.  It was so nice to see him.

Mike got home not long after.  He sent a Glympse and I watched in come down Rankin and I thought he was riding his bike home (that's our bike route and not the bus).  But went I threw open the door, he was dressed in work clothes and he must have wondered at my exclamation "Did you ride home?".  Because he was obviously not in riding gear.  He drove home in the car.  Doh!  I forgot he had the car.

Anyway, we made tea and enjoyed some lamb from the My Food Bag.  I loved it.  The boys were not so pleased.

Mmmmm.  Lamb.  Best meat ever.

I didn't get out of bed this morning for my run.  It was too cold.  In fact, I was wondering if sending my manager a text to say it was too cold to go to work was a valid excuse in any way, shape or form.  As I am at work now, I don't need to say my morals won out over that argument.

But my ride in was lovely.  The cold southerly had dried to roads out and there is no rain forecast for a few days now.  Yay.

Have a brilliant Thursday.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment