Friday, June 17, 2016

The Thursday with Mike's birthday

Hi,

I hope Mike would say he had a great birthday if you asked him.  He was certainly in a good mood the entire day.

I was supposed to have birthday lunch with him, but I had work issues crop up so I had to miss it.  Fortunately Fran joined him and I think Mike had a lovely time with her.  I heard all about it from him, so obviously he was pleased to see her.

I am hoping to get lunch with him today - but I won't blog about it because his plans might change.  Hahah.

I went to the gym after work, but ended up back at work to clear up a few things before dragging Mike away from birthday drinks with his mates and heading home with the car.

We cooked tea - it was Bearnaise steak with hand cut chips and stir fried broccoli and mushrooms.  I liked it and and I think Mike thought it was a perfect birthday meal.  I had bought a chocolate cake from Pandoro on impulse so we had birthday cake.  And Toby and I sang Happy Birthday loudly.  And off key.  Mike had You Tube also sing Happy birthday.

Yummy tea!

We chatted to my mother on the phone for a while - until her phone went flat unexpectedly.  It was so nice to hear her and chat about things.

Then off to bed and Mike was asleep very quickly.  The day must have crept up on him.  Hahah.

Today is not Mike's birthday.  But you know something?  It wasn't yesterday that made Mike special.  It's all the other days in the year that are special because of Mike.

It's Friday!  Yay.  Can't wait for the weekend.  A Wellington weekend.  Bring it on!

Have a great weekend too!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment