Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The Monday with late Spin

Hi,

After a busy day at work, with Mike organising lots of house buying admin stuff and attending a refresher for his first aid course, I managed to carve out some time for Spin after work.

The text I got from Mike in the afternoon scared me a bit when it said:  I have an open fracture.  But about 30 seconds later, I realised he was (probably) role playing at his course.

Spin was great as one of my favourite instructors was there in a surprise appearance.  And my back was absolutely fine.  I barely noticed it while I went for it on the bike. 

Finished up and headed back to work to grab my gear.  Two backpacks (and some groceries).  Phew.  Walked to the bus stop and found a work colleague there, surrounded by people.  She had fallen running for the bus and was waiting for an ambulance in a lot of pain.  After some time, there was no sign of the ambulance.

The young woman who had called for it rang back and they basically told her they couldn't find one to dispatch.  Two other young people were there and helping.

They were all so lovely.  And people walking past would ask if they could help and offered things to assist.

But, in the end, I rang for an Uber and the people helped her into the Uber with me and my gear and hers.  And the Uber driver was so nice.  At the ED, he got out and tried to get a wheelchair sorted.

People are nice.

Anyway, she got assessed straight away and sent me home.  She texted me later that night and confirmed her dislocated shoulder.  But she was so stoic - I was impressed with her bravery.  I hope she recovers fast.

I Ubered home from the hospital because... buses!

Mike fed me.  Yum.  And then it was time for bed.

That was my Monday.  Crazy.

Have a lovely day.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment