Friday, May 31, 2019

The Thursday with date night

Hi,

Ok.  Just between you and me (and the internet bots that crawl anything out there), I am slightly out of sorts.

I had a physio appointment after work and that went well.  I don't need to go back for another two weeks.  Just make sure I do my stretches.

Friday iced latte @ Machete


I met Mike outside and we wandered down to Press Hall for Vegan night.  I had vegan lasagne from Fratellis and it was good.  Mike got vegan dumplings from another place and a tempeh burger from Aroha.  Yingjie came over to say hello too!  Mike reckoned his Aroha burger was delicious and he could eat it every day!  Woot!

We walked down to the train station to buy a ten trip ticket for Toby.  He has planned date day with Tessa for Friday (today).  It is teacher-only day.  They have an appointment at the cat cafe in Petone (where they play with cats) and then back into town and out to Porirua for Godzilla movie.  Awesome date day.  With train trips!

There was a 22 bus leaving in 3 mins from there, so we jumped on and came home.  I packed for the weekend and the boys ....  didn't.

Went to bed and slept like the dead.  So, so good.  Up early to sort out washing and eat breakfast.  Found no milk so decided hot cross buns were a good option.  No butter.  Gah!  Why doesn't anyone tell me when we run out?  Mike got up with this smug look on his face that said he knew where our butter was in the fridge.  He picked up the pasta and found... no butter.  Yeah - I had already checked.

But his face was so cute because he really expected butter there.  Me too, actually.  No idea what happened to that.

Anyway, I then left to drive in.  So we can get away quickly at the end of the day and the boys can finish packing.

Only, to find no car on the street.  Rang Mike.  He was just as surprised.  Then we both realised we had driven in to work yesterday and forgot it.  The excitement of date night.

I now have visions of Toby leaving the car all over the place once he starts driving.  Between the 3 of us, we will have no clue where it is...  Maybe we need a Find My Car app?

So now we will drive home after work.  Pay the double day rate.  And finish packing.  Andrew will be there with his car and transfer the stuff over.  We have the 8.45pm ferry and a cabin booked.  Snooze our way over the Strait.  Drive to Blenheim.  Fall into bed at Iona and Col's house and see what the weekend holds in store.

There you go.  Chaos and fun - all rolled into one.

Enjoy your weekend. We have a long one here.  Queens Birthday and all that.

Love,
Angela








No comments:

Post a Comment