Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Tuesday with a Te Papa fossil lecture

Hi,

Tuesday - wow.  You came out of nowhere and slammed into me, didn't you?  Before I knew it, my working day was over and I was rushing to Te Papa for a lecture.  Woot!

Always with the fork for stirring



I was rather excited to attend a Te Papa lecture after work on "The give and take of biodiversity" and New Zealand's fossil record by Professor James Crampton.  He is a VicUni lecturer and it was a great session.  An engaged audience listening to his awesome talk.  He tried to answer some open questions that no one really knows the answers for sure.  Over the eons of geological time, there have mostly been microbes on Earth.  But in the last 20% of the Earth's entire history, we ended up with complex life forming.  And there have been quite a few explosions of life through the complex life era (along with some mass extinctions). 

I had a lot of time waiting for the bus to get home so I started to write up my notes from the talk while waiting.  :-)  Bonus time management win!

Got home and Mike was taking people through the booking processes.  So I made some toast as I was starving.  Went to get ready for the next day and Mike wrapped up his meeting.

Slept right through to my alarm.  Wow!  First time in ages.  Drove in so Mike can take his empty bottles to fill up from his brewing session a few weeks back.

Got dinner with Roz tonight - woot!

Bring the day all on!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment