Monday, May 13, 2019

The weekend with mothers day

Hi,

What a great weekend - and my mother is recovering well at home now.  Spoke to her a couple of times - it is hard from a distance to know exactly how it is all going.  But she assures me that if I was needed, they would ask me to come over.

Dad has another week off to look after her - and at the rate she is recovering, maybe it will be enough.   Yay.  She has a doctor's appointment on Tuesday which should be a good assessment point.


Friday.  Delicious anticipation...

Sip....

Friday - The Lab iced goodness with Celia

The weekend was great (as you can see above, the only good thing about my Friday was the iced coffee dates - hahahahah!).  Saturday saw Toby away early for filming stuff and Mike and I off to Quentin's group session.

Peaches - or - how to get awesome glutes.  It was hard work.  Good to have Chloe there - we had some fun doing the crab walk together.

Off to the Hutt after that to pick up the DRZ.  Mike ended up thinking my jacket was his and when he got to the bike shop, he had to wriggle into the jacket.  It looked a little like a crop top.  Hahah.  Did the job.  He rode it back to Sally and Andrew's place - as they came back from their bike ride up the Remutaka incline - and we had some lunch.

Back to my work to pick up my bicycle and dirty gym gear and then Mike got home with the DRZ and we put it away.  Its battery needs replacing.  :-(  Next job for it.  But it is running well.

Sunday saw me getting the best scrambled eggs in bed - all from Toby.  With an iced coffee in a tea cup.  That was an unexpected surprise.  Thought it was Rooibos when I saw it.

Best scrambled eggs in bed!


Lazy Sundays


Toby left to join Tessa for more filming work, and Mike had beds to deliver and kiwi aversion training to attend.  Bad Mike - drop that kiwi!!!  (Ok - it was Zoey getting the training - and she was amazing!).

Mike was then off to train others in lodge bookings.  And Tessa and Toby came home and stayed downstairs.  I read on the couch with Moxley deciding my legs were the warmest place to snooze.

And so the weekend passed us by - in all its glory.  The wind and rain hit around 4pm Sunday and stayed through to this morning.  Not pleasant.  I did drive in.  Oops.  Best remember that for my homeward journey.

Enjoy your week ahead. 

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment