Friday, May 10, 2019

The Thursday with date night

Hi,

What a day!  I did get away to meet Mike and Andrew for lunch.  As midday approached, I was in a dark meeting room after a meeting finished, frantically trying to wrestle my inbox under control.  Victor came in and said Mike was here and he was going to send him into see me in this dark room.

Victor is rather funny!

But anyway - when I got out, it turned out that Mike was sitting exactly opposite my desk.  I could play footsie if I stretched out.

And - he was in a perfect place to have lunch with me and Andrew at Qillin's Tea House.  Woot!

Anton and I do our twin thing!

At Qillin Tea House with Mike and Andrew - I was inside, under a spotlight

Mike and I had the breakfast bowl.  It was really tasty.  Andrew had some little burger-type thing and swapped out something from another item.  He liked his too.  But maybe it wasn't quite enough to get him through his afternoon.

After work, I met Mike and with Toby out for dinner with Tessa, we decided on a spontaneous date night.  Mike took me to Aunty Mena's in Cuba.  I had potato curry with soya slice (yum!) with roti.  Mike had Tom Yum. 

Machete this morning

Gimme, gimme!

Headed home - Toby was there already.  And starving.  Hahahah.

The wind picked up while Mike and I got ready for bed.  I thought the house was going to shake a bit.  But this morning it wasn't too bad for my ride in.  Bit of wind - and it had rained during the night.

Mum is back home!  Yay!  She recovered faster than anticipated and they sent her home a day early.  I hope this weekend sees her progress fast on the road to complete recovery.  I can't wait to see her.

This weekend is Mothers Day.  Happy thoughts to the mums I know.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment