Friday, March 6, 2009

Good morning on Friday, Mar 6

Hi,

Well, what a day that was. The release went surprisingly well after 10.5 hours of mayhem. Hmmmm. Maybe I should check it once more this morning just to be sure. Mike collected me at 1940 and we hurtled out to Island Bay to the Empire cinema to mingle with Jennie and her Oxfam walking crew and watch a private screening of Watchmen.

The movie was.... gross! Awful. Unnecessary. Pointless, mindless violence. And yet, when Mike says it was fantastic I can almost see his point of view. But it certainly wasn't pleasant or nice and I think psych evals are in order for anyone that "likes" it. Three hours of my life wasted. I don't think I have ever watched a movie where I notice my face is often screwed up in revulsion.

So, onto the weekend then! The weather doesn't look great. Toby has his last day of soccer today (I don't think they have won a game all season so I doubt they have made any sort of finals) and I'd love to go along. I might see if I can use my time-in-lieu from last night.

Swimming tomorrow. Bolt the movie afterwards with Toby and Mum. Mike has to warrant to wee green car. And we have the symphony in the park tomorrow night. Picnic stuff and maybe some books to entertain Toby. Sunday seems relatively free!

Ok. Let me just check some of the release things. Put my mind at ease.

Have a great weekend.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment