Monday, March 2, 2009

Good morning on Mon, March 2

Hi,

March already, eh? I see Vivienne has added her blog on the fantastic Napier dive trip. How cool did that sound? I can't believe autumn is kicking in and I haven't spent any time at the beach here. I must grab Toby and snorkels next fine weekend and take him out!

Our weekend was very relaxing - apart from the logistics involved on Friday night. Mike was preparing a romantic evening for us without me knowing. I was preparing an evening at Mum and Dad's house with Toby. So Toby went to soccer with Aidan and the kids (Toby got player of the week - a certificate and ribbon - he is very proud!) and then got dropped off at Grandy and Gramps' house. Meanwhile, I stayed at work while Mike collected the warranted Corolla and arranged for him to drive me home. And I waited, and waited...

Then Mike turns up and says we're off on a romantic dinner evening. Hooray. Toby had been deposited at the Sampson household for Friday night fun and games (he loves it there) and Mike and I went out to Wagamama and had a ball!

Saturday was swimming in the morning - Mum came to watch. Toby did very well. We popped into see the bathroom demolition at 40 WLW and Sally and Andrew decided to join us for Yum Cha. So off we went into town. It was raining cats and dogs so we hightailed it back home after Yum Cha. The Terracotta Warriors are still waiting...

We went out to Maharajahs for dinner on Saturday night with Lesley, Wally and the kids and it was great fun! We must do that again!

Then we rushed home and Will came over for a sleepover (and his mother Kylie and her partner, Grant - Grant is our friend from ANZ days) while we watched BSG.

Sunday was a late start and then off to Sally and Andrew's for a lovely lunch. I got water purification from Vivienne, John and Benjamin for some deserving third world family (or maybe Dunedin if they still have dodgy water supplies!) and John got some coffee plants from us (for another deserving third world farmer somewhere). I also got some spring bulbs that I must plant out. I can't wait to see them pop up! Must get more of the same idea.

Oh - and Vivienne - we need to have that Sunday morning garden shop drive!

Have a marvellous week. I need tea and Weetbix.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment