Monday, March 9, 2009

Good morning on Mon, Mar 9

Hi,

What a lovely weekend. The weather was pretty good - as I type I look like Rudolph from being in the sun yesterday. Thought my sun hat had a wider brim that it obviously does.

I left work early on Friday to enjoy Toby's last day of soccer for the season. Not a good move. He had skinned his knee falling off his scooter - again. And as I whipped off his pants to put his shorts on, I pulled off his plaster. Oops. The crying and moaning started and didn't really stop. We walked out to the pitch with him hobbling and saying he didn't like soccer. Then... it started raining. With a whipping wind. So he sat miserable on the sidelines (there were enough players so he didn't need to play) until I caved in and we went and cuddled up in the car (Aidan T had driven us there). Aidan was astonished at Toby's moaning as he always is keen to play soccer with her. So, apparently they are playing again this Friday and I am not going.

Mike went home sick on Friday afternoon so Toby and I went out for yummy dinner to Mum and Dad's place. Roast beef. Then home for an early night.

Up for swimming on Saturday morning and Toby had another good lesson. Then Mum and I took Toby to see Bolt. This was by far the best of the three movies I saw last week! Better plot and lovely graphics. That pup was so cute. I took Mum to see a cheap furniture place (it wasn't very good) and then met up with Mike and Toby at Symphony in the Park. Kara was there with friends. Toby liked Raiders of the Lost Ark and the 1812 Overture with cannons!

Sunday we went up to Waikanae Beach with the Tabors. Mike and I drove the wee green car because Toby was in with Duncan and Emerson (their car is called Moby). I now have a bright red nose. There were loads of blue bottle jellyfish washed up on the beach with their tentacles spread out. Mike, Josh and the boys played fetch with a big black dog on the beach.

Then we went to Raumati Beach and the boys had rides on a ride-on train. After all that excitement it was back home and off to Christine's birthday party. Toby had loads of fun (well, I guess he did as I hardly saw him from when we arrived to when we left).

Back home to fall into a coma sleep to end the weekend. Great fun!

Time to start the day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment