Monday, March 23, 2009

Good morning on Mon, 23 March

Hi,

What a good weekend we had. Mike performed miracles of logistics on Friday afternoon and eventually got Toby, Duncan and Emerson to my work after their soccer (they didn't win but they seemed to have fun). We dropped Mike off at the railway station for his tramp to the Ruahines and drove back to our house. The boys played well and I got Hell Pizza in for dinner. All three boys ate their pizzas in their entirety.

Aidan and Josh came and whisked their boys away and Toby and I settled down to a festival of Power Rangers (I did spend a lot of time reading but Toby got sick of my lack of attention to the finer points of the Power Ranger episodes and I had to put the book down and watch avidly).

Next morning we went to collect Grandy to take her swimming with us. Unfortunately the motorway on SH2 was completely broken - all cars stationary and banked up the Ngauranga Gorge all the way from Horokiwi. So I took everyone to Lower Hutt via Heywards Hill. It only added about 40 km to our journey. Needless to say, Toby was very late for his lesson. He only got half of it. But I got him re-booked for next term. He won't have Amber as his teacher though - pity as she was excellent!

We took Toby to Queensgate for lunch and general wandering. Then back home to get ready for a bike ride along the Old Coach Road at the back of Johnsonville with the Tabors. It was great fun, but very short. We managed about 500m of trail. It was too rough and steep for young boys only off training wheels for 4 months! They did exceptionally well considering. Toby was behind me on the tag along.

Back to Mum and Dad's place for a sleep over. Sunday was a bit cold and wet and we spent lots of time indoors. But Sunday evening was Sally's birthday celebration. We had a great time at Sally and Andrew's house. Great food. I think I may still be full! We picked Dad up from work at 1730 so he came along too for the first time in ages. Toby had a late night so I hope he's ok this morning.

Mum will collect wee Toby and his friend Katie from the gum tree at school at 1500 today. I must tell After School Care Toby won't be there. Katie will come to play at our house. Mike arranged it last week with Katie's Dad.

I think Mike may have arranged take away for dinner tonight because tonight is the final episode of BSG. A two hour special. We have friends coming round to watch. We can't wait. Toby will be packed off to bed at 1930 and BSG will hit the screen. I'll get Mike to confirm as Mum was going to cook up tea for us all. I'll chat to Mum anyway.

Have a great week! I hope the weather improves here. I took the bus in. Soft.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment