Thursday, February 11, 2010

Crash! (Witness to - not participant in)

Yes, it was weird weather this morning. Very, very light drizzly sticky humid stuff, after about a week of dry weather. Which meant the roads were very greasy and slippery. Which was exactly what I was thinking as I watched a motorcyclist in front of me grab handfuls of front brake as a taxi pulled out in front of him, and slide down the road...

I've just been doing a first aid course but the rider was inconsiderate enough to be completely fine. A pretty low speed drop, only his ego was damaged. His bike got off pretty lightly too - a scratched bar-end and broken-off back brake pedal looked like the all of it. Just enough to wake us up in the morning!

But yes, greasy and slippery. I even got wheelspin on an evil metal drain-cover I have to ride over every day. If I can get wheelspin with the tiny amounts of torque my legs can make - then it's certainly greasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment