Thursday, February 11, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Feb 11

Hi,

It was my first ride down the hill in over two weeks where the road was quite wet.  But I hestitate to suggest rain.  I think it is the low cloud oozing its cloud juice onto the roads as it touches it.  :-)  There was no wind at all and it was very humid.  I heard a cow mooing as I got my bike out of the garage.  What???  Who on earth has decided to keep a cow in their backyard?  Either that or a cow has got loose from the farmland on the hills and the stillness meant I could hear it somewhere in the Wilton-Otari bush!

Last night was great fun.  Ma and Dad collected wee Toby and poor Dad was sent out to buy more chicken as my chicken hadn't defrosted and my mother won't use properly thawed chicken (what is her mantra?  Fast to freeze, slow to thaw - or something similar).  But Dad got back with the right chicken and we all went to see Toby in his first karate lesson for the year.  He lost his belt during the break and had to stand at the bottom of the queue but we found it once we got home (ta Mike!).

Mum had cooked up perfect chicken schnitzel and Mike's Dad arrived just as it was getting dished up.  It was lovely.  We all loved it.

Mum and Dad gave Toby Junior Scrabble and Mike and I played with him after tea when Ma and Pa had gone home to prepare Dad for his first day back today.  It was such fun!  Thanks!

We all crashed into bed - apart from Mike.  He remembered tramping club was on and he had a tramp coming up in two weekends so he hurtled in to sort it out.

Mike got home early enough but his brain must have been electric as he talked to his Dad downstairs for ages and came to bed to read.  I was asleep in seconds after he arrived and he read until 2am!  Oh no!

Tonight I'm off to see Pompeii.  Does anyone want to come with me?  I'm meeting someone from work (she's down from Auckland for three days this week and wants to see the exhibition).  Say 6.30pm?  We might be able to get tea somewhere too.  I'll have to wait for Mike to get home to look after Toby.  I can collect Mum or Vivienne after that if they're keen.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment