Monday, February 8, 2010

Good morning on Mon, Feb 8

Hi,

We had a great weekend.  Our Lewis/Gilbert Friday night relaxing takeway dinners has still not occured.  I guess the good weather means we're likely to be busy.  Here's hoping it'll happen this Friday!  So our Friday was spent leisurely at home.  I cooked up one of Toby's favourite meals (chicken schnitzel strips) and we read and watched TV.  Nice and quiet.

Saturday we went over to Ngaio to weed a bit around Mum and Dad's place and spray weedkiller on the biggest baddies.  We left them some fresh milk (theirs was yoghurt in the fridge), bananas and bread, ready for their return. 

Then we went home and we were going to vege out at home doing not very much.  It was a fabulous day - no wind and lots of blue sky.  Mike immediately went to drop off some stuff at Christine's house and she convinced Mike to go to the beach.  So Toby and I got picked up by her and Tom and we went to Ballina Bay in Evans Bay.  The beach was gravelly but once I got used to the water (brrr) I was snorkelling away.  Toby did a little too.  I saw big sea urchins so after that I was careful to look where I was standing.

Christine has brought home-made icecream and cones so we ate wonderful icecreams on the beach after the swim.

We went back to their house for tea (chicken Caesar salad - one of Mike's favourites) and wandered back home eventually.  Mike watched some TV after Toby went to bed and I set my alarm just in case I fell asleep because I had to collect Mum and Dad at 2320 from the airport.  That all went well, although next year I aim to be away for Rugby Sevens weekend.  Driving through town after lots of parties meant idiots trying to flag me down for a lift all over the place!  My parents were pleased to be back home and keen to relax for a few days.  We'll catch up with them today!

Sunday morning we were up for the next beach day up at Waikanae.  The day wasn't quite so nice but Toby still got to go swimming at the river mouth with Duncan and Emerson.  He even did some proper snorkelling for about 1 minute!   5 minutes from the end, Josh had to go into the water to find the spade that got chucked in.  So he was a bit cross about staying dry all that time and then having to get wet.  The Tabors then went off to see a puppy!  Oooooooooooo.

Back home after a grocery shop and all was good last night.  I dropped Toby off this morning because Mike has a first aid course today and tomorrow.  We had a nice morning.  Toby slept in until 7.45am!

Have a great week!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment