Thursday, February 25, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Feb 25

Hi,

Mike and I were rudely awoken at 4.44am by a howling gale driving rain into our wide-open window.  But I must admit, that I just rolled over and went back to sleep.  Mike apparently got up and closed the window but I was back into deep sleep by then!

Mike took the bus in as the wind was driving the rain against our window then too.  But by 8.15am when I left with wee Toby (and his scooter) it was quite nice.  The roads were wet and Toby was moaning (it's cold, it's wet, I'm sick, I want to watch TV all day - the last sentence being the crux of the matter) but it was fining up nicely.  Toby was ok by the time we got to school - speeding there on his scooter.

I rode in tentatively, being the first time riding, with cleats, in the rain!  Oooooo.  But it all went well.  I'm looking forward to the ride home up the hill after my meeting tonight.  I expect the cleats to make it a wee bit easier.

Last night I rode to karate - that route is a lot easier than my usual route so it wasn't a good test of my uphill technique with the new pedals.  And the evening was so warm.  I was melting by the time I sat down at the back of the hall to watch Toby perform.  Mike was there after seeing Toby's teacher for the parent-teacher interview and collecting wee Toby from Skids after tennis.

The interview went well.  Apparently everything is "very nice".  Mike thinks we need to check the curriculum and make sure Toby hits the milestones.  I think we might check into Mathletics - the Sampson children seem to enjoy it.  It costs money - a subscription - but it seems like a good additional homework exercise.

My cup of tea just flew down - it was absolutely scrumptious.

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment