Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Good morning on Wed, Feb 24

Hi,

Well, I am writing this from another PC at work of mine (I use Virtual Machines - my powerful host machine has something like 5 different environments for me to develop in - this is just one of them.  But not the usual one...) because I have broken my one true machine.  Stupid webcam.  It won't install on my VM.  So, as usual, a little bit of knowldege is dangerous and I have been fiddling as I suspect my USB port is not working correctly in the VM.

I have since tried to rollback to a previous version of my normal machine and I think it might have worked.  Fingers crossed I have averted disaster.  I will abstain from even touching the webcam from now on.  Someone else more gifted than me can try it out.

We missed the parent teacher interview last night. The car was in town for its WoF and the traffic snarled up and there was no hope of getting there on time.  So Mike has re-arranged the schedule after letting them know.  I think Mike is making sure of it by taking a half day this afternoon.  Mike has karate duty today and I think he will see Toby's teacher as well.

We are gearing up for overseas visitors in March starting on the first weekend.  Toby and I will leave Thursday March 4th with our friends for Napier and Mike will follow on Friday.  We'll hurtle around to Taupo, squash in the Tongariro Crossing (if the weather is good) and back home.  Then, come the weekend aound March 20, we'll do the same again with other friends from Australia.

Inbetween Mike is leading tramps and we have Kea sleepovers and all sorts of excitement.

Mum went for a huge walk yesterday with Dad and I think they'll do the same again today.  Time to get Mum into shape and I think she should look for a job.  They might be staying here a little longer now, so I think a job should keep her out of mischief and out of the house.  Good plan!

Have a marvellous day.  I have to go and see what has happened to my other PC.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment