Thursday, February 4, 2010

First day at school

... it was mayhem yesterday morning, Toby's first day at school for the year. Everyone had clearly decided to drive, and parking was backed up all the way to our house. It was quite festive when we got there, with parents and children milling around and trying to find their classrooms and each other.

Toby took us straight to his new classroom, and we found his desk with his name on it nice and easily. He's got Mrs Mahoney again - she was his Year 1 teacher but she's moved to the main school and is teaching Year 3 now. He's caught up with his friends, and there are new kids in his class that he doesn't know. All good. He seems pretty happy with things.

I've got a sore back at the moment - no dramas but I'm risk averse when it comes to backs so I've gone to see Kara about it. She's put two big strips of tape up my back to make me sit and stand properly, and it's quite amusing. I can't do up my shoelaces! And riding my bike is quite strange, I have to stay quite upright as I hurtle down the hill. It definitely sucks power going up the hill, unless I get off the seat and honk. Hopefully my body will be re-trained by the time the tape falls off. I'm also supposed to lie on the ground with a piece of closed-cell foam between my shoulder blades, when I'm vegging with TV or a book - but it's very awkward and uncomfortable. I'm not 100% sure what it's supposed to achieve. So I ended up with the foam under my head as a pillow instead.

The house extension is proceeding apace - well, the prep for it is. Surveyors were running all over the place on Tuesday when Angela and Toby were at home. Now there's little lead tabs and orange dots and other markers all over our section!

No comments:

Post a Comment