Friday, February 12, 2010

Good morning on Fri, Feb 12

Hi,

I had a good evening last night.  I went straight out to Te Papa with Roz (a work colleague down from Auckland) and we went to the lecture on Discovery and Excavation at Pompeii.  Pompeii is an exhibition on at Te Papa (the national museum here in Wellington) at the moment.  I can't wait to go and see it but I couldn't make it last night.

Mike had a meeting with the First Karori Scouts to attend at 1930 last night.  So he picked me up from the end of the lecture and dropped me and Toby off at home.  Toby and I had a great evening before going to bed nice and early.  However, I was in reading mode and stayed up until Mike came home.  We talked about the meeting and then got distracted with the Internet so we had a late night.  Well, late for me.  Early for Mike when you think about his 2am marathon the night before finishing his book.

When I went down to kiss wee Toby goodbye this morning, he was already up and reading in bed.  What a clever wee chap.

I caught the bus in after getting picked up last night in order to meet out time pressures.  As the bus drove along Mairangi Road towards Northland, I looked up into the hills opposite (above the Otari-Wilton bush) and saw a herd of cows!  Aha!  The source of the mooing from yesterday.  It must have been tremendously still yesterday for me to hear them from that distance.  I suspect they aren't cows either, but young castrated bulls, bred to pile on the beef. 

I remember when Mike was living here in Wellington and I was still in Dunedin. I came up for a holiday and Mike had a meeting in Palmerston North so we drove up.  As we went past many, many types of cows (I had a sheltered existence in sheep territory in the South Island when I was a kid) I kept asking Mike if he knew what type they were.  So, while he was in the meeting, I went into the PN library and read up on all the types of cows.  So, on our return drive, I would say "Oh look, there's a Hereford".  "Oh look, there's a Fresian - that's for dairy".  That information has stayed with me all this time.  Useful?  Well, I leave that answer up to the reader.  Heheheh.

Toby's swimming starts this weekend - a new class for the first time in years (well, I might be exaggerating a little there).  Then we're off camping for the weekend with the Sampsons.  Woo hoo!

Hope your weekend is great!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment