Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Feb 18

Hi,

Well, my birthday was very good.  After work I collected Toby and we went to karate where as soon as they lined up Toby piped up and said "It's my Mummy's birthday today" so the sensei said "Happy birthday Mummy" and looked down at the back of the hall.  So I put my hand up and the sensei (a woman for the first time) said I could come and join them.  So I did.  And it was one of the best karate lessons ever because we got to play with a weapon.  We all got a go with a Jo Staff (same as a Bo Staff, but shorter) trying to donk the sensei on the head.  Great fun!

Then we were off to Karori Park where Toby and I rode around twice.  It's 1km around, so Toby did 2 kms and got up to 20 km/h on the last circuit.  I'll have to take him there regularly.  There is a tarsealed path all the way around (mostly flat) with an inner one of gravel.  There is a wooden rail separating the two areas and it was wet (due to the high humidity - not rain!) and slippery.  Toby rode over it early on and wobbled as he skidded but kept his balance.  The next time though he went down.  But he popped straight back on and kept riding.  I think if I take him here two or three times a week, he'll be fine for the rail trail.  We only have about 6 weeks left for training him.  It's all about hours in the saddle now for him.

We ate fish n chips afterwards with Carrie from work.  Toby played in the park and had a ball.  We both declared it one of the best Mummy birthdays ever!

We did get very sad news when we got home though.  John's mother passed away yesterday.  Poor John - especially having it happen so far away from his own family.  I'm sure Vivienne must be keen to see John now to support him.  As do we all.

Mike's Dad is away on the ferry this afternoon back home.  I hope he enjoyed his time up north.

That's about it for now.  Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment