Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good morning on Thurs, Feb 4

Hi,

What a lovely day here in Wellington.  It is so nice to finally get summery weather after the chaotic patterns in Nov, Dec and Jan.  I hope it stays like this into April.  Yes - I am an optimist.

Congratulations to my sister, Shona!  She passed her hardest exam yesterday with her best mark ever!  She's a legend and deserves praise for her hard work and sacrifices.  I hope it gives her even more confidence that she can suceed at anything she does.

Yes - as Mike pointed out Toby had a good first day yesterday.  It ended with me collecting him from school and taking him to Microsoft in town for a meeting I had.  The Microsoft chap set Toby up with pizza and drink in front of Cartoon Network and we never heard a peep from Toby for the next hour.  In fact, when the meeting was over and I went to collect him from the "hub" where he'd been set up, he said he didn't want to leave.

I have a release tonight and had Toby drop-off duty (so Mike can leave early to pick up Toby).  I went in to see Toby's new classroom.  It is very airy with a lovely view down over the other classrooms into the Otari-Wilton bush in the valley.  Beautiful.  The ride in was good afterwards although my cough made me labour a bit on the tougher sections.  I think of it as an extra early warning system to let people know I am coming.

Tyler has her first Bright Stars drama class today.  I do hope I get to hear all about that.  I wonder if I should investigate something similar for Toby here?  Let's wait and see what Karen reports back.

Ma and Pa arrive back on Saturday night, near midnight.  I can't wait as I have missed them.  I think we'll leave them to sort themselves out on Sunday and we'll head off to Waikanae to visit the Tabors.  Hopefully we can get more swimming in! 

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment