Friday, May 9, 2014

The Thursday with dinner with Christine

Hi,

I rode home and collected Toby from the library.  The day had been full of slight frustrations.  I had a good drive to Petone and an even better ride in.  But Mike and Toby were intent on hammering home to me how much they need me in the mornings.  The first thing was a call from Mike at 8am saying Toby had forgotten his togs and we needed to drive to them school.  Interesting.

I had hooked his togs bag over his blazer so he had to take the togs bag off and put his blazer on, then step over the togs to get out the door.  Which, obviously, he did, because it's all about showing Mum how much she's needed.

So, Mike drove in and I went and grabbed the car at 9.30, popped the top down and drove over to Miramar.  Took an hour.  Nice weather.  Good music.  Not a bad interruption to the morning, I guess.

But at 3.30, Mike told me the cruncher.  He had forgotten lunch for Toby.  Aarrrgghhh!  Fortunately Emerson and Duncan shared their lunch with him.  But he was pretty hungry when I found him at the library.  Apparently he had told Mike he was so hungry he couldn't walk home.  Hahahah.  We walked to the dairy and bought a Mars Bar to get him through.  Worked a charm!

We collected Tom from Skids and Toby played in the playground at Wadestown school, reminiscing like a 60 year old about the "old days".  Then home to order burgers and wait for Christine and Mike.  We had a good old chat until I started yawning too much for anyone to ignore any longer.

This morning I drove the MX-5 to Petone and drove the Corolla back into town.  It look longer than on my bike yesterday!   Hahahah.

The weekend is looking good.  Mothers Day on Sunday.  I have put my order in for breakfast in bed.

And just for Sally - we have grass!  Our backyard looks amazing.  It was dark when I got home though.

Grass!

Toby and Tom and grass!


Have a lovely weekend.
Love,
Anela

No comments:

Post a Comment