Monday, May 26, 2014

The weekend when Mike came back

Hi,

Toby and I had a movie fest in Mike's absence this weekend.  Friday night we watched part 1 of the last Twilight movie (yep - I am sick of it completely now) and then we were up Saturday morning to play and do some laundry.  We went grocery shopping and back to put everything away.

Emerson and Duncan arrived at about 4pm for their sleepover.  I caught up with Aidan, not having seen her for ages.  Wedding anniversary for them!  Woot!  She left and I took the boys into town for dinner and the latest X-Men movie.

Emerson's plate from the chinese buffet.  Now I know what he likes best
 Emerson was so funny with his chinese buffet.  He only got spring rolls and roast potatoes.  But he did manage to eat an awful lot of them.  Not quite all of them though.  But that might have been the lure of a sundae dessert.

Dessert time

We got into the cinema and settled in to watch the movie.  I liked it.  Emerson and Duncan liked it.  Toby - not so much.

Toby pulling another face!

Anyhow, it was a late night.  9.15pm by the time we got home.  I was out like a light in Toby's bed.  But the other room was quiet, so I think they had an early night.  I didn't hear much from them until 7.30am.  Very kind of them.

Eventually they came up for breakfast and then Aidan and Josh came to collect them.  After lunch, Toby asked to go to another movie. We both wanted to see Divergent.

Made Toby some fruit for lunch. Hahahah.  Fun.
We both really enjoyed the movie.  I must read the next book in the series.  Then we went home to wait for the flight to arrive.


Chocolates and a card for Dad
The awful weather in Wellington meant Mike's flight was delayed.  But it landed and we fell on him, getting hugs and kisses.  Back home and Mike read to Toby and then we all slept well.

I got up for my run this morning and it is cold!  Toby is off sick and I am working from home.  Hope you have a lovely week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment