Monday, May 19, 2014

The weekend with no Mike

Hi,

What a lovely weekend with just me and Toby.  We did miss Mike lots though.  Friday night I rode to the library and collected Toby and went to Johnsonville to get Nandos.  Toby has declared it his new favourite takeaways.  Back home to eat it and snuggle up to watch a movie.  Toby chose Twilight.  Yes - we have had a Twilight movie fest this weekend.  Seen three of them.  And the second one was a bit dire.  I wanted someone to eat the lead actress already!  Enough moaning and feeling pathetic.  Move on!  Even Toby said at one point "She's a bit emotionless isn't she?"

I did manage to head out to feed Ange's cats while she was away.  They were happy to see me.  Or was it the food?  Hahahah.

Anyhow, a lazy Saturday morning where I tidied and then we drove into town to meet Hayley for lunch.  We lurked outside the Bangalore Polo Club before it opened and Toby said he didn't fancy it.  So we adjourned to Joe's Garage.  Yum!  You know what that means!

Iced coffee - best in town

After lunch Toby and I went to see Godzilla in 3D.  It was great!  Godzilla rampaged through Honolulu and then Las Vegas (Look, Toby, there's Caesar's Palace where you got lost!! Amongst the rubble.) and finally San Francisco (Look, we've been there.  Oh.  It's gone!).

Toby is.... awesome!

Back home for the second Twilight movie (after feeding the cats again).  Ho hum - that second one is pretty bad.  Next morning I checked out the chair on the deck.  I need a nice chair, so I can sit in the sun and read and drink my cup of tea.

Deck, chair, grass, book!
 Sunday we had a few messages to run.  I sorted out our gas tanks.  And we went grocery shopping.  I tried the new Countdown at Crofton Downs for the first time since it re-opened.  It was pretty good.  I found the British section and then discovered the American section.  Oooohhh yeah.  I found canned pumpkin.  Aidan reassures me this is a necessary ingredient in pumpkin pie and ever since I tasted Christine's pumpkin pie, I have been hankering to try it again.  I will gently nag (persuade) Aidan that we need to try making it.  She seemed oddly keen on the idea when I suggested it and admonished me when I said I never bought any.  I now need to go back and buy up cans of pumpkin.  They are going in her pantry!

Canned pumpkin.  Good for pies, apparently.
Home for a lazy afternoon.  Made dinner and watched the third Twilight movie.

I dropped Toby off at the bus stop this morning and as he left the car he noticed the time.  7.20am!  He was horrified that his mother was dropping him off that early for his bus.  I told him I hate being late and that I hoped he had a great day!  Poor kid.  Hahahah.

Lucky it is a gorgeous morning here.  My morning run was in the stillest of mornings.  Not a breath of wind.  And clear as a bell.  But by the time Toby and I left the house for school/work, it was foggy!  Funny place.

Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment