Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Tuesday with Aidan's graduation parade

Hi,

Tuesday was a little tough - goodness knows what I'll be like by the time Friday rolls around.  Hahahah.  Thankful for the weekend, I imagine.

But the highlight of yesterday would have to be not seeing Aidan in her graduation parade.  Yeah, "not".  I missed her in the sea of faces.  But at least I saw her before and after, so I do know what she looked like in her PhD regalia.  Awesome, is the answer.  Pleased as punch.  Me, that is.  Aidan just took it in her stride like everything.

Dr. Aidan


I rode home and wondered if Toby remembered the "walk home and I'll see you there" message.  I rode past the library and on to our house, thinking I could get home, find him missing and drive back to collect him.  It wasn't raining, but it had been.  But, as I came along Mairangi Road, I found him walking home.  He had forgotten to walk home, then remembered late, and couldn't text me because his phone was flat.  Meanwhile I had texted him to say I was late.  It all worked out great!

I got home and Toby did his job patrolling the neighbour's house while they are on holiday.  Then his homework.  I mucked around, aimlessly for a while before deciding what to cook Toby for tea.  He got two awesome omelettes, with grated cheese and lashings of bacon and tomato.

I sent a grocery list to Mike and went to collect him from the bottom of the hill.  Then we ate tea and fluffed around before bed.  Mike did tramping club things while Toby and I waited for him to come free.  Then Mike fixed Toby's minecraft server and we all went to bed happy.  I was happy because it means I don't need to fix it this weekend!

This morning's run was really good again.  I ran even further this morning, in the drizzly rain.  The ride in wasn't quite so much fun coming down the wet hill, but I got to work not completely wet!  Hahahah.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment