Friday, May 16, 2014

The Thursday with Mike flying to Dunedin

Hi,

Well, when Mike got in he told me he was flying down to Dunedin a day earlier to make sure his Dad was okay in hospital.  And Mike reports back that although surgery is booked for next week, his Dad is pretty chipper.  Even with hospital food!  Mike is staying on for another week, and due back on Sunday 25th now.
Yes!  It's the Toby and Angela morning show.  This show has a different routine to the Mike and Toby morning show.  Toby gets poked until he's out of bed and showered, dressed, fed and out the door at 7.20am.  I rode my bike from the library and was at my desk at 7.45am.  Only 15 minutes behind my early morning routine.  It might just work, for a week. Not that I can get by without Mike.  I'll be hopeless.  Honest.  Pining away.

Last night Toby and I went to the Carter Observatory.  We wandered around the exhibit for a while before finding seats in the theatre and listening to the talk. Click here to see more:  Mars  And this is the woman's website:  Hari  It was a great talk, although Toby thought it ended a bit abruptly.  She is certainly passionate and enthusiastic.  Unfortunately the pelting rain meant the telescope wasn't opened for viewing.  Stink for us because Saturn would look brilliant at the moment.  I would have loved Toby to see that.

It's the weekend soon!  Toby and I have plans for Nandos for dinner.  We haven't had that for ages.  Then back home for a movie, snuggled up together.  And I think a long sleep in tomorrow morning.  Breakfast in bed, while reading.  We have lunch with Hayley planned.  But I think that's it.  Housework.  Not much else.

This morning is a stunning morning in Wellington.  The sort that makes you happy you live here.  My ride in was good!  My run this morning was also good (but shorter than usual, because I didn't want to leave Toby alone in the house too long).

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment