Friday, June 13, 2014

The Thursday with nothing for me and Toby

Hi,

I had a crazy problem at work that meant I couldn't get away to collect Toby.  So Mike had complicated logistics to get Toby and get back into town for his 5pm meeting.  Fortunately my problem reached a stable point and I fled!  Mike pulled up on The Terrace (in the middle of the road - despite peak hour traffic, the road on our side was deserted) and we swapped places.  If you'd have blinked you'd have missed us.

I drove home and cooked dinner for Toby and relaxed with him before Mike called and asked for a lift home from his "book club" function for work.  I was pleased because it meant I could collect my bike and ride in Friday morning.

Read this in bed.  I was so happy.
I went to bed nice and early and read my Sky and Telescope magazine that came in the mail on Wednesday.  Yep - haven't had time until now.  And I only got through half before I jumped in the bath with Mike.  Tonight - so much to look forward to.

Today is officially the closest shave I have had to being hit off my bike.  I was riding down our hill, and around a sweeping bend to the right.  I have to brake a bit because a car is parked on the outside of the curve every morning, so you need to change your line through.  This morning a car turned right well before I got to the curve (there's a road off the apex of the curve) so I was slower than usual.  Another car was coming up the road towards me.  It looked as though it was in the right turn lane, but wasn't indicating at all.  So I slowed more to watch it carefully.  It was dark, but lovely and dry.  I must have been doing 30 km/hr I guess.

Anyhow, the car driver never saw me and kept coming through the intersection.  My life really did flash before my eyes.  I saw myself hitting the car and heading over the bonnet.  Fortunately my two front lights and blazing fluoro jacket must have registered and they swerved and I rode around them.  My yell of shock and surprise wasn't a high pitched and girly scream at all.  The "Idiot" I yelled back may have been though!  As I glanced back, the stunned driver was stupidly stopped in the middle of the intersection, probably having their own heart failure moment.

I think a cup of tea about now is sorely needed.  Bring it on!

Woot!  It's Friday!  I can't wait.  The weekend looks like fun.  Benjamin is coming in on Saturday night so Mike and I can go out for his birthday (Monday!).  And we have family lunch at our place.  I need to buy a few things for Sunday and another present for Monday!  I also have a baby shower to go to on Sunday morning!  That'll be nice.

The user group session.
I thought I should show you a photo of our user group night.  I should have taken one of Mike looking amazing as he presented.  This photo was just of the social atmosphere before it started!

Enjoy your weekend!

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment