Thursday, June 5, 2014

The Wednesday that wasn't terribly much like a Tuesday

Hi,

Perhaps my short week has caught up with itself.  I certainly wish it was already Friday.  Must be a sure sign the short week wasn't quite short enough.

Yesterday I had the strangest day.  I got to work and started into it.  At 8.50 I got a reminder in Outlook that I was having a coffee with a client.  I hurtled out the door and got there on time.  Phew.  Back to work and more frantic typing to sort things out.  Then at 11.15 I got a text.  Weird.  From Helen (Andrew's Mum).  "Hi.  Sorry I was late to the cafe.  But where are you?".  Aaaarrrggghhh.  I had completely forgotten making that coffee date while Helen was in town between appointments.  I had to decline because I was almost ready to go out to my next appointment.  Next time, I promise I won't forget.  Yes, I am horrified.

Went to lunch in the sun trap with Aidan.  We never go there for lunch.  And who should walk past - Helen!!!  We enjoyed the sunshine and Helen continued on her walk to her next appointment.

I got back to work and told my colleagues all about my day so far of forgotten appointments.  They gave me such a hard time.  I was evil Angela for a while and they threatened missed breakfasts and coffee dates.  Back to work.  Working, working.  Then at 2pm, my manager came to my desk and said "Are we still on for lunch?  Oh, have you already had lunch?".  My colleagues chortled at another missed appointment.  But, hey, this one was for sushi.  I ALWAYS have room for sushi.

Yep.  Today can't be as weird as that day!

Sally and Andrew popped around in the evening and I fed them the beef stew (it was quite a sweet one - Toby loved it!) and we looked at laptops for them.  We may have even selected one that should do them nicely.

Mike was out and about at tramping club.  He said it was a good night!  It wasn't one talk - it was people reading out short stories of other people's tramping experiences, and you had to choose whose story was whose.  Funny.

Time for a tea!  Bring that on.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment