Monday, June 9, 2014

The weekend with dead bodies

Hi,

I love weekends - although weekends after long weekends are so short!!  Hahahah.  Friday night I went out with workmates to say goodbye to my manager.  I can't believe I am at work now, post-apocalyptic.  Well, post-manager anyway.  Friday was eating and drinking all day.  Brekkie, lunch (see Celia with her iced mochaccino from Drexels) and then the pub for drinks.

Celia and the iced mocha


I got home early because I was shattered.  Fell asleep with my usual amount of bother (that is - none!).

Saturday I was up early to ride with Revolve Cycling - a womens cycling group.  I left at 7.20am, and was at On Yer Bike at 7.50 (after misjudging where the bike shop was and walking the last wee bit).  There were 22 women in our group, so we stretched out on the way around to Eastbourne.  I found the group rode a little too slow for my liking, so after a coffee at Eastbourne, I rode back on my own.  55 minutes to our house!  Ooossshh!  I love my road bike.  The new wheels and tyres work wonderfully.  My bike is silent.  Ninja-like.

A lazy afternoon doing laundry and doing some grocery shopping and then we went out to Pete and Cathy's house for tea.  We looked at slides of their fairly recent north India trekking (it looked amazing!) and then ate a beautiful chicken tagine. Cathy also made an apple custard cake and that was a huge success.

We all wanted the watch the rugby to we stayed at their house and shouted at the television until the game finished. Then home to bed (well, I read for a bit).  The late night meant Toby slept in until 9.30am!

Sunday Mike made me pancakes and then he went into work.  I read for a bit and then tackled my tasks.  We went to get some groceries I had missed, Mitre 10 for rat bait, face masks and various bits and bobs, Nandos for lunch for Toby, then back home.  I tidied the garage a bit, and got my road bike back in.  Then donned overalls, head torch, gloves and face mask and climbed into the roof space to collect the dead rat bodies.  Hmmmm.  Nice work.  It was hot up there.  Had to crawl into the far edges to try and fix a pink batt too!  That was tricky.

Then the boring ironing.  Mike came home and made tea and Toby and I watched the last Twilight movie.  It got too lovey dovey for Toby at the end and he turned it off before the credit rolled.  It didn't help that Mike had arrived and was making groaning and retching noises.  Hahahah.

Bed for some welcome sleep!  My run this morning was in the rain but by the time I finished, it was only foggy.  My ride into work was on wet roads.

Time to kick start the day!
Have a wonderful week.
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment